Sep 1, 2013

1 Syawal 1434H, Eidul Fitri 2013

When Mama woke me up from a deep nap, we had already arrived in Kampung Bendang Perang, Changlun, Kedah. I don't have enough time to tell more about my kampung, which bits and pieces of came from this land, from my maternal grandmother and late grandfather whom both are lovable and kind. Late grandfather who was skilled in memikat burung and who was really patriotic, the one who set up UMNO Kubang Pasu long time ago. If he hadn't done so, then I wouldn't be here to talk and feel proud to be part of his legacy. My grandmother is a great cook. She speaks softly and she often makes jokes.

It's a peculiar satisfaction to celebrate Eidul Fitri in Kedah since I haven't experienced celebrating it in other places. It is a simple house. At best, nondescript; at worse, nothing. It is so humble and homely, finds sweet sweet beauty with all the beauty people living inside, including those who have been brought in there. And where is stands, it catches the full but brief brilliance.

It's the house. Once I imagined bringing grandmother to our house and celebrate Eidul Fitri in Taman Tun Dr. Ismail. But I had the second thought, that it was not a stroke of genius. It wouldn't be the same.

Changlun, Kedah. Nature seems closer, more intimate. That gladdened us. With beautiful people around us. Selamat Hari Raya Eidul Fitri. Maaf zahir batin.

IMG_9380 IMG_9406 IMG_9675 IMG_9617 IMG_9735 IMG_9814 IMG_9816 IMG_9890 IMG_9923 IMG_9932 IMG_0022 IMG_0026 IMG_0129 IMG_9937 IMG_9954 IMG_0008
Asssalamualaikum!

No comments: